Boy Nearly Decapitated Due To Popular Cell Phone Accessory, Parents Warn Others

69491

There is a reason why headphones and cell phones shouldn’t be used at all times, especially when participating in already-dangerous activities.

It’s well known that the devices are known to be a distraction and cause unnecessary accidents. There is an accident caused by cell phones nearly every day.

Sixteen-year-old Bradley Willoughby from Queensland, Australia is quite the dare devil. He enjoys riding his motorbike on his parent’s farm.

It’s no surprise that motorbiking is a dangerous activity, but when done with the use of a cell phone and headphones that block out noise, the combination can be lethal.

As Willoughby was cruising around the farm, he had thought he was well-equipped and safe with his helmet and proper gear, but all it took was one tiny accessory, and his life was in danger.

When landing a jump awkwardly, the bike’s throttle got stuck and he flew into a barbed wire fence that outlined the farm.

While the impact of the landing broke and dislocated his ankle and slit open his stomach, the worst part of the damage was above his shoulders.

Unfortunately, Willoughby had earbuds in his ears and they were secured beneath his helmet.

So, while he was doing the right thing by wearing a helmet, the addition of the earbuds created a major problem…they didn’t pop out. When he hit the barbed wire fence, the rubber coating of the chord was pulled off, revealing the very strong copper wires.

Since the buds were still in place and the chord was dangling in front of his neck, the impact of the force nearly caused the chord to decapitate him.

Prev1 of 2