Plopping some of your favorite fruits into water isn’t just delicious; it’s healthy. Acqua Blend explains that fruit-infused water gives you extra nutrients, and the antioxidants in fruit help rid your body of toxins. Plus, Audrey Johns of Lose Weight by Eating notes that fruit-infused water can also help your body recuperate better after a workout and even give your groggy afternoon a boost.
So next time you reach for a sports or caffeinated drink, think about the benefits fruit water can give you instead. Fruit-infused water is super low in calories and packed with antioxidants and nutrients, and it’s all natural. When you’re trying to get healthy, staying hydrated is one of the most important aspects, so make some fruit-infused water ahead of time and suck down these delicious drinks all day long.
Benefits of fruit infused water
- According to Acqua Blend and Lose Weight by Eating
- – Improves your mood
- – Keeps you hydrated
- – Boosts metabolism
- – Helps you maintain a healthy weight if you opt for fruit water instead of sugary drinks
- – Gives your body more energy through the vitamins in the fruit
- – Soothes stomach problems (citrus- and mint-infused water)
- – Satisfies sweet tooth cravings
- – Flushes toxins from your system
- – Fills you up
- – Helps your body release fat cells for water weight loss
- – Keeps other food moving through your system due to fruit’s fiber content
- – Keeps your organs healthy while you’re sweating
- – Reduces muscle fatigue while you’re working out
- – Helps you recuperate faster post-workout
- – Keeps your energy up in the afternoon
1. Cucumber citrus water
This fresh-fruit-infused drink will energize you, boost your metabolism and even settle your stomach. Packed with lime, cucumber, grapefruit and fresh mint, this drink will also keep you hydrated and refreshed. For the full recipe, check out the Budget Savvy Diva.