If like me, you were a HUGE fan of the movie you will be jumping up and down after reading this. Titanic, the ‘ship of dreams’ sank after hitting an iceberg in the North Atlantic ocean in 1912, over a hundred years ago. Australian billionaire Clive Palmer has now set out on a £300 million mission to rebuild a fully functioning replica. The plan is to launch an aesthetically identical Titanic II, equipped with the modern safety and navigational features. Like the original the ship the replica will be 270-metre-long, 53-metre-high, and it will offer first, second, and third-class tickets.
1. The grand staircase, in the first class section.
2. The Cafe Parisienne.
3. Titanic was one of the first ships to have a swimming pool.
4. First class dining room.
5. First class rooms.
6. The bridge has been replicated but not for actual usage.
7. First class smoking room that was only for men…
8. It will even have an edwardian style gym.9. More picture showing the intricate details…
WHERE DO I GET MY TICKET?
If it sets sail Titanic II will being its jounrey in 2018 from eastern China to Dubai, instead of Southhampton to New York. There will 2,435 tickets up for grabs, and 900 crew members (slightly more than the titanic itself) with increased lifeboat capacity.
The original Titanic sank following a collision with an iceberg and more than 1,500 passengers died as a result.
For more info on the rebuild watch the video here:
[youtube id=”PK0zckYQkgc” align=”center” mode=”normal” maxwidth=”750″]